This page lists Construction kits and parts which are allowed for use in the Construction Kit competitions 2018 and examples of parts which are not allowed.
The list may be updated, stay connected.
If in doubt, ask us: email.
Approved Construction Kits
- Lego RCX
- Lego NXT
- Lego EV3
Lego cubes can be mixed within one project as needed
- If you want to use other construction set, ask us.
(Arduino is not a construction set)
Approved parts for m-Bitbeam-based robots
Approved parts for other non-Lego-based robots
- So far, there was no need to specify allowed parts for Construction sets other than Lego, everything was clear. If needed, ask us.
Approved parts for Lego-based robots
- All original LEGO parts from any set
- Hitechnic "Lego certified sensors" and accessories:
- NXT Acceleration / Tilt Sensor
- NXT Angle Sensor
- NXT Barometric Sensor
- NXT Color Sensor V2
- NXT Compass Sensor
- NXT EOPD
- NXT Force Sensor
- NXT Gyro Sensor
- NXT IRLink Sensor
- NXT IRReceiver Sensor
- NXT PIR Sensor
- NXT Magnetic Sensor
- NXT IRSeeker V2
- HiTechnic Sensor Multiplexer
- NXT Touch Sensor Multiplexer
- Codatex Hainzlmaier RFID Sensor
- Sensor and motor extenders / multiplexers:
- Mindsensors EV3 Sensor Multiplexer for EV3 or NXT
- Mindsensors Multiplexer for NXT/EV3 Motors
- Mindsensors Port Splitter for NXT Digital Sensors
- BUT make sure you understand what does it mean to use such splitters with analogue and/or i2c sensors or motors! If used improperly, it might not work and it might even harm you Lego control brick.
- This list might not be exhaustive. If you want to use other parts with LEGO-based robot, you'd better ask us and we will consider adding it.
Not allowed parts for Lego-based robots
- Examples of not allowed parts:
- all Mindsensors "EV3 and NXT" parts except those listed above
- Vernier NXT sensor adapter and all Vernier sensors
This is an example of parts, which are not allowed. It is not exhaustive, just examples of parts, which cannot be used in the Construction Kits contests. If a specific sensor is not on this list, it does not mean it is allowed. To be allowed, it must be listed in the approved parts section above.